I am pleased to announce ground breaking for the first house in the Village on Sewanee Creek. And the best news is that my family and I will be living in it. Developer residence is an important feature that distinguishes our community. It means that the developer deeply cares about quality of life values beyond profit. We are committed to developing a sense of community at the Village and backing that commitment with our money and our lives.
Our home in the village will be built with fine craftsmanship in a rustic style. It will incorporate:
– an in-home movie theater with a 12 foot wide screen and loft balcony seating,
– flexible, multi-use room design and
– an oufuro (Japanese style two-stage bath)
– High r-factor chemical free insulation
– Large South Facing windows for Passive Solar Heat
to name a few of its thoughtful features.
It is nestled in the woods between two creeks that run together. While it is modest in size (just over 1,400 square feet inside), it is efficient in design and will accommodate good sized groups for entertaining both inside and outside on its two full-length covered porches.