Tennessee mountain property at its best. Enjoy nature’s hush, bright starlit skies and the rush of waterfalls and streams that converge at Sewanee Creek. Awe inspiring views of distant mountains from atop sheer bluffs. Enjoy hiking trails through our private 500-acre natural preserve in Sewanee Canyon.
The Village is an experience in Southern Living the way it should be. We are a self-Sustaining Community … in harmony with nature and people.
Featuring large porches, hiking and jogging trails and a natural amphitheater that seamlessly integrate into the beautiful East Tennessee mountain land that surrounds us. Great pains have been taken to plan for amenities and activities that bring people together, creating a sense of community and an active, outdoor lifestyle. Friends enjoy gardening together, sharing happy times with good company on broad covered porches.
Villagers enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that, together, we are caring for some of the most beautiful land on earth while enjoying the security of living in harmony with like-minded people who are prepared for the uncertainties of our changing world. With our commitment to sustainable green development, we have attracted skilled green contractors and suppliers who are prepared to help you build the home of your dreams resourced with state-of-the-art construction, sustainable energy and water.
The Development Plan
- Land available from 3.2 to 10 acres
- Open, rolling meadows, stunning bluff, or hilltop panoramic views
- Deep wooded seclusion and/or Active Living near the Commons and Amphitheater
Utilities & Infrastructure
- City Water
- Electric Power
- Broadband Internet – DSL
- Paved roads
- Mutually Supportive Community
- 500+ acres of raw wilderness in the canyon below us
- Bluff views
- Trails through our pristine bio-diverse canyon
- Amphitheater / Movie Theater – Sculpted from a natural hollow in the Commons area with a spectacular view of mountains in the distance and the canyon area below, the amphitheater is equipped with a huge movie screen. Uses include: Private Movie Showings, satellite television, live stage performances, spontaneous jam sessions, or formal meetings. A low-power FM broadcast system delivers robust personal sound with zero noise to disturb the tranquility of Village residents.
- Pavilions and Gazebos – Perched on a rock escarpment above the amphitheater, our covered gazebos and pavilion will accommodate large gatherings for all kinds of community activities, even inclement weather shelter for amphitheater events.
- Picnic / Barbecue – Picnic tables and barbecues bring food to the party.
Extreme or not-so-extreme sports
- Miles of hiking trails radiate from the Village Commons to the bluff, meandering past five breathtaking waterfalls that cascade over 600 feet from the brow to Sewanee Creek.
- Hiking & Mountain Bike Trails
- Horseback Trails
- Deep Cave Spelunking
- Rock Climbing and Rappelling
- 4X4, ATV Off-road Canyon Adventure Trails
- Eight State Parks
- Championship Golf Courses within 20 minutes
- Excellent Boating & Fishing within 20 minutes (Tims Ford and Nickajack Lakes)
- Vast Hunting Tracts nearby
Tennessee mountain property at Sewanee Creek
A self sustaining community in harmony with nature and people.