- Relationships: Positive, mutually supportive with capable, skilled people
- Spiritual & Mental Health: The foundation for all positive action.
- Physical Health: Sustainable, natural health care to supplement a healthy lifestyle.
- Water: Reliable, secure source of pure water
- Food: Natural food from a source you trust and control (yourself)
- Shelter: An energy efficient dwelling
- Energy: Redundant, reliable, private sources of storable energy.
- Reserve: Store and rotate a backup supply of everything you use (water, food, medicine, tools, fuel, clothing & other consumables)
- Trade: Prepare to trade for everything else (Cash, Non-Depreciating Assets, Barter-Valuable Supplies, Practical, marketable Skills)
- Knowledge & Skills: True self-sufficiency comes from experience – knowing how to do it yourself.
Take a good look at this list. If this were a report card, what would your grade be on each of these important subjects? For the past 50 years, the developed world has lived in a pampered, complex, yet socially dysfunctional style that values:
- Entertainment & Entitlement over productive Work
- Self-Indulgence over Selfless Service
- Pleasure over Moral Integrity
- Intellectual Prowess over Practical Skills
- Dependence on complex systems over Independent Self-Sufficiency
- Conspicuous Consumption over Provident Preparation.
Is it any surprise that most people lack the skills, preparation, and resources to confidently face a troubled future? Is it any wonder that people feel helpless and out of control? Is there any way you can become confidently competent and provisioned for these ten essential items all by yourself? It’s a daunting task. But, with help, you CAN do it.
That’s why relationships are at the top of the list. That’s why we are building a community of self-sufficient people at the beautiful Village on Sewanee Creek. If your values are the inverse of the above list, If you want to become more confident, more self-sufficient, and more at peace with your neighbors and in harmony with nature, If you desire close, trusting relationships in a like-minded community, but aren’t ready for a religious or hippie commune, give us a call.
Im interested in this. How can i get involved.
You can give me a call at 931.442.1444
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through a few of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
Anyhow, I’m certainly delighted I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and
checking back regularly!
I don’t even know how I stopped up right here, however I thought this publish was good. I do not recognise who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!
Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it
up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
Do you have any tips for beginner blog writers?
I’d really appreciate it.
Just one tip that I live by. Write from your heart.
I am very much enjoying reading your blog. You speak the truth of the modern day condition very skillfully, so to the point and with such a belief and conviction in the better and yet more simple values in life.
I write about very similar things as a sideline to my self sufficient journey and to hopefully inspire others. I very much wish I could write as clearly as you though!
Thank you for posting your heartfelt ideas. If you were at all interested, my blog is
All the best.x