- Relationships: Positive, mutually supportive with capable, skilled people
- Spiritual & Mental Health: The foundation for all positive action.
- Physical Health: Sustainable, natural health care to supplement a healthy lifestyle.
- Water: Reliable, secure source of pure water
- Food: Natural food from a source you trust and control (yourself)
- Shelter: An energy efficient dwelling
- Energy: Redundant, reliable, private sources of storable energy.
- Reserve: Store and rotate a backup supply of everything you use (water, food, medicine, tools, fuel, clothing & other consumables)
- Trade: Prepare to trade for everything else (Cash, Non-Depreciating Assets, Barter-Valuable Supplies, Practical, marketable Skills)
- Knowledge & Skills: True self-sufficiency comes from experience – knowing how to do it yourself.
Take a good look at this list. If this were a report card, what would your grade be on each of these important subjects? For the past 50 years, the developed world has lived in a pampered, complex, yet socially dysfunctional style that values:
- Entertainment & Entitlement over productive Work
- Self-Indulgence over Selfless Service
- Pleasure over Moral Integrity
- Intellectual Prowess over Practical Skills
- Dependence on complex systems over Independent Self-Sufficiency
- Conspicuous Consumption over Provident Preparation.
Is it any surprise that most people lack the skills, preparation, and resources to confidently face a troubled future? Is it any wonder that people feel helpless and out of control? Is there any way you can become confidently competent and provisioned for these ten essential items all by yourself? It’s a daunting task. But, with help, you CAN do it.
That’s why relationships are at the top of the list. That’s why we are building a community of self-sufficient people at the beautiful Village on Sewanee Creek. If your values are the inverse of the above list, If you want to become more confident, more self-sufficient, and more at peace with your neighbors and in harmony with nature, If you desire close, trusting relationships in a like-minded community, but aren’t ready for a religious or hippie commune, give us a call.